Wednesday 4 May 2011

After much thought, I finally came up with an idea for a character. With basing my ideas around the subject of dolls, I made sure it had doll characteristics, such as big green eyes, small pert lips and rosey cheeks. I wanted the doll to have an innocent look with those typical doll features however, I still wanted her to have a quirky appearance with a bold colour and hairstyle and cheeks which are made to be sewn on. I have decided that I am going to paint the features on the head but then use fabric for the clothes which will make her look more interesting and come to life. I am going to use paper fasteners to attach the head and arms- this will be useful when filming for more moving actions and it will give the character more personality.- I will have to also create a few different set of eyes looking in different directions and maybe a different mouth which I can stick on during filming to express more emotion.
Here are a few samples of fabrics to choose for the clothes. I want her top to be quite girly and pretty but simple. She is going to have a long skirt but I want the skirt to look slightly tatty so she doesn't look to 'perfect'. 
Here is the cat design. I wanted to flow with the theme of big eyes. Painting him black makes him more mysterious. I have tried to make him look cute but then have a slight sinister look about him which makes you wonder whether to trust him at first in the animation. I will use paper fasteners for the head and the tail.
The deer is a minor character; the cat brings the girl to him. Unlike the other characters, this one does not move around the scene, however, his antlers and head will move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment