Wednesday 4 May 2011

Designing Characters

When designing the doll character, I know I will have to keep in mind my three words and make sure she will fit in. I want to stick to bright, happy colours- particularly in the backdrop. She will have big green eyes, rosey cheeks, small pert lips and freckles. Designing her clothes and hairstyle might take a bit more experimenting.
The second character will be the cat; again, he will have large eyes and I was thinking of painting him black- which is more mysterious when the girl follows him through the woods.
I have developed the doll character- here I have added messy, curly hair and stitches- looking like a worn -out, tatty doll.
Again, just experimenting more with the hairstyles. Both the images have been painted, however, with the one on the right, I have also added textured bits of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment