Wednesday 4 May 2011

Coming up with an idea...

After much thought, I want to use Stop motion for my animation. I had previously had ideas of using cell animation however, I don't think I would have had enough time to get the drawings looking as detailed as I would want. With inspiration from my 3 words, I want my story to be innocent yet slightly quirky and original. I am going to make the characters that appear in the animation out of card and add colour using paints. I have come up with the idea of using a doll like character. I initially found inspiration for this idea when I came across the designer, Kira Shaimanova, who is a three dimensional illustrator. She creates individual dolls made from clay, inspired by the unreal and fantasy.

These characters and the quirky style reminded me of Tim Burton who is famous for illustrating the characters for films such as 'The nightmare Before Christmas' and 'Corpse Bride'. 
I decided to research a few doll characters...
I like the big heads and big eyes that these dolls have; I would want my doll to have an innocent look so i'd use big eyes and freckles and small pert lips like these examples.
These two dolls have a sinister look about them; especially the one below, which I like, the style is very quirky and original. 



No comments:

Post a Comment